If you're looking for the best travel channels on YouTube, look no further! In this article, we'll share our top picks for the best channels to watch if you're dreaming of travel to Spain. From stunning vlogs and travel videos to helpful guides and tips, these channels will have you planning your next trip in no time!
The Spain Revealed YouTube channel is all about James Blick's travels to Spain and exploration of the country's food and wine scene. He visits some of the best tapas bars in Madrid and goes wine tasting in different regions of the country. If you're interested in learning more about Spanish food and wine, this is the channel for you!
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping viewers plan the perfect road trip through Spain and Portugal. The channel provides tips on everything from where to rent a car and get travel insurance, to the best roads to take and the must-see tourist destinations in each country.
Patrick Guide Barcelona
Exploring Spain's Rich Culture and History
Spain has so much to offer both culturally and histoically. From large cities like Barcelona and Madrid to small fishing villages, the richness of Spain's culture and history can really be experienced if one takes the time to explore it.
- The first stop for any cultural experience has to be in Madrid. Madrid offers a huge variety of architecture from classic buildings like the Royal Palace to ultra-modern structures like the La Gran Via. Madrid is the capital of Spanish culture, with each district offering something new - be it a typical tapas bar or the famous ‘Plaza Mayor’. For a true Spanish experience try visiting the cultural experience of El Prado, a free museum with a fantastic collection of pieces that showcases Spanish history and culture.
- Another very popular culture and historical treasure of Spain is the Alhambra. Located in Grenada, the Alhambra is a world-famous castle and fortress complex surrounded by stunning gardens and breathtaking views from the hillsides of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Visitors can learn about the ancient Moorish culture which still lives on today in the complex and visit the numerous courtyards and buildings located on the grounds. It’s truly a magical place and perfect for a day out exploring the cultural and historical delights of Spain.
Whether its exploring the grand architecture of Madrid, wandering through the magical gardens of the Alhambra or trying some of the traditional foods and dances of a Spanish village, there is sure to be something to appeal to everyone looking to immerse themselves in the rich culture and history of Spain.
What to Expect When Visiting Spain
Whenever people think of visiting Spain, images of flamenco-dancing, paella-eating, sangria-drinking and passionate people spring to mind. Spain is a vibrant and sunny country, full of culture and enthusiasm, making it one of the best places to visit in Europe. Whether you’re on the cobblestoned streets of the old towns, admiring architectural masterpieces in Madrid or lazing on beaches in the Canary Islands, Spain is sure to captivate you.
- Whilst in Spain, visitors can expect to enjoy a wide variety of delicious food. In particular, the traditional paella – a mixed-rice dish, usually containing seafood or meat – is something of a national must-try. Tapas is also commonly served in Spain, which are small snacks with accompaniments. Whether they’re in the form of stews, fried potatoes or slices of cured meats, no visit to Spain would be complete without sampling some of the famous tapas bars.
- Spain also boasts stunningly diverse and stunningly beautiful landscapes. Take a trip to Barcelona or Madrid to experience the characterful city life, before venturing off to a beach resort in the Canary Islands for some R&R and dipping your toes in the crystal blue waters. Segovia is another must-see if you’re a history buff, where you can enjoy fairy-tale castles, cathedrals and fortresses. Whatever your interests, Spain has it all.
In short, Spain is a wonderful and varied country, where visitors can expect to experience delicious food, unique culture, beautiful landscapes and a great time.
Must-Visit Attractions in Spain
Spain is one of the most beautiful countries to visit and is renowned for its colorful culture and vibrant cities. Boasting some of the world's top attractions, there is no shortage of places in Spain that are a must-visit. From art hubs to charming town squares, here are a few of the must-visit attractions in Spain.
- For an impressive art experience, Barcelona's famous La Sagrada Família cathedral is a must-see. Construction of the church began way back in 1882 and it's currently still under development. The Barcelona coastline is lined with spectacular churches, museums, and galleries - many of which can be explored for free.
- The majestic mountains of the Pyrenees are best seen from the stunning cities of Andorra and Lleida. Nature lovers will appreciate the stunning landscape and diverse wildlife, while ski enthusiasts will love hitting the slopes in the winter months. Be sure to keep your camera charged, as the view from any of the peaks is second-to-none! For travelers looking to experience a little bit of everything, Madrid is a great base. The city is packed with culture, history, and attractions, and visitors can explore iconic sites like the Prado Museum and Palacio Real. Don’t forget to make time for the capital's delicious food and lively nightlife!