There are so many great YouTube channels out there that can help you plan your trip to Grenada. From travel guides to lifestyle vlogs, there is plenty of information to help you make the most of your trip. Here are a few of the best YouTube channels to check out before you travel to Grenada.
Explore Carriacou and Petite Martinique
Explore Carriacou and Petite Martinique YouTube channel offers travelers a great way to discover the stunning beauty and culture of two of the most beautiful islands in Grenada: Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Through video content, viewers can get a taste of the culture, nature, and tourism on offer in these destinations and plan their own trips more effectively.
Greenada RC Trail Adventures
Greenada RC Trail Adventures is a YouTube channel that takes viewers on a journey to Grenada to explore the amazing RC trails! Viewers can expect to see some exciting content featuring RC trucks, cars, Cross RC, 1/5 scale cars, Axial SCX, Proboat Blackjack, Grenada RC, ARRMA RC, and RC Sparks Adventure. Follow their adventures and be inspired to explore your own RC trails!
KAY & NOLAN
KAY & NOLAN is an exciting YouTube channel that focuses on travel and adventure. They offer viewers an exclusive insight into the lives of two adventurous Canadians roaming through beautiful destinations in Canada, Jamaica, and Grenada. Their uplifting and inspiring content will certainly provide you with an escape from the mundane!
Essential Things to Know Before Visiting Grenada
Grenada is an island in the Caribbean Sea, located at the southernmost of the island chain on the southwestern corner of the Caribbean. With its picture-perfect beaches, lush forests, and spectacular snorkeling and diving sites, it is clear why Grenada has become a coveted tourist destination. But before diving into the tropical paradise, here are some essential things to keep in mind when planning a trip to Grenada.
- The most important thing to know for visitors to Grenada is what type of currency is accepted on the island. Most visitors are shocked to learn that Grenada mainly uses the Eastern Caribbean dollar (ECD). Credit cards and US Dollars (USD) are accepted in many places, but the majority of businesses accept only ECD or major credit cards. Bringing cash in a variety of denominations of denominations of ECD, USD, and Euro is recommended.
- As you plan your trip to Grenada, be sure to research the necessary Visitor’s Permit (Visitor’s Pass). This document is required for all visitors arriving to the island. The permit is free and can be applied for at the airport and the cruise ports, or it can be pre-applied for online. Most travelers who pre-apply for the permit have their documents approved within 24 hours. With a valid Visitor’s Pass, you can explore all the different sights, cultures, and activities that Grenada has to offer.
Grenada is an incredibly beautiful island with a ton of activities for travelers to explore. However, before visiting, it is important to be knowledgeable about the requirements and regulations, such as the accepted currency, the Visitor’s Pass, and the various entry requirements. Heed this advice and Grenada will be sure to offer a wonderful and relaxing vacation.
Top Accommodations in Grenada
Grenada is a beautiful Caribbean island that is full of mesmerizing tropical sights, delicious cuisine, and plenty of natural wonders. It also offers a wide range of accommodations, catering to travelers of all budgets and interests. We'll discuss the top accommodations in Grenada, so you can find the perfect spot to rest your head.
- When it comes to luxury accommodations, the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel is a top choice. Set on the stunning southwestern tip of Grenada, it features stylish and modern rooms, along with outdoor pools, beautiful white sand beaches and breathtaking ocean views. For added convenience, there’s a full-service spa and wellness center and an array of activities, such as kayaking and windsurfing.
- For those looking for something a bit less expensive, the Coconut Beach Resort is the way to go. Located just south of Grenada’s capital, St. George, it features air-conditioned rooms, an outdoor pool and a restaurant serving up local cuisine. Plus, you’ll be just steps from stunning reefs and some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling spots in the Caribbean.
No matter what type of accommodations you decide to stay in, you’re sure to find incredible experiences in Grenada. Whether you’re looking to relax on a white sand beach or explore the vibrant culture and nature of the island, Grenada is sure to have something for everyone!
The Best Places to Eat in Grenada
When it comes to where to eat in Grenada, it can be tough to decide. From street food to sit-down restaurants, Grenada offers a variety of delicious culinary experiences. Here are some of the top places to eat in Grenada.
- The Market at St. George’s is a great place to start. Here, you can find an array of freshly prepared food from various vendors, including a selection of regional favorites such as curry chicken and roti. After picking up some delightful meals, you can enjoy them at the nearby waterfront park and enjoy the stunning scenery of the harbor.
- Another great Grenadian experience is The Nutmeg Café. This cozy eatery serves up traditional Grenadian dishes with an emphasis on local ingredients, such as locally sourced fish and juicy fruits. The café also has an intimate atmosphere, with live music playing some evenings. It’s certainly one of the best spots to get a true Grenadian experience while sampling some of the best food on the island.
- Finally, no visit to Grenada is complete without a visit to BB’s Crabback. Perched high up on a hill overlooking the harbor, BB’s offers the freshest seafood on the island. Enjoy a selection of freshly caught fish and shellfish prepared using traditional ingredients and flavors unique to the island. It’s definitely a place for seafood lovers.
Each of these locations is sure to satisfy the most discerning foodies, and offer a unique taste of Grenada. Whatever you decide to try while in Grenada, you’re sure to have an unforgettable culinary experience. Bon appetite!