If you're someone who's looking to improve your physical health, you've likely already heard of the benefits of strength training. From increased mobility and agility to improved overall fitness and reduced risk of disease, strength training can be an incredibly valuable tool in your exercise routine. But where do you start? With thousands of different fitness channels on YouTube offering a range of different workouts and exercises, it can be difficult to know where to begin. To help you get the most out of your strength training journey, read on to discover the best YouTube channels for strength training, fitness, workout, health, strength, training, weight loss, and workouts.
Garage Strength is an informative YouTube channel that focuses on strength training, Olympic weightlifting, sports performance, and strength and conditioning. This channel offers a variety of programs and resources to help athletes of all levels reach their maximum athletic performance. It also incorporates sports science, weightlifting, and athlete development to create comprehensive training plans. Tune into Garage Strength to build strength, power, and confidence.
Elliott Hulse’s STRENGTH CAMP
Elliott Hulse's STRENGTH CAMP YouTube channel is an invaluable resource and motivational training platform for anyone interested in strength training, weightlifting, strongman, powerlifting and bodybuilding. Led by Elliott Hulse, a renowned strength coach and powerlifter, the channel offers an array of helpful and educational videos, podcasts, tutorials and motivation for all types of athletes. Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned athlete, Strength Camp is filled with the information, insights and motivation you need to stay on top of your fitness game.
The Strength Institute
The Strength Institute YouTube channel provides an authoritative source of information and training on strength, weight training, and strength & conditioning in order to help athletes maximize their athletic performance. The Institute features instructional and motivational videos, as well as interviews with experts in the field of strength training. With its comprehensive selection of strength training resources, The Strength Institute is the ultimate online resource for both beginner and advanced weight lifters and athletes.
Wenning Strength is a YouTube channel hosted by world record holder Matt Wenning. It focuses primarily on upper-body strength training and offers dynamic training sessions that focus on maximum effort. Viewers can access comprehensive workout routines, advice on how to increase their bench press, and find the best upper body workouts around. It's an ideal channel for anyone looking to get into strength and weight training.
Kaleigh Cohen Strength
Kaleigh Cohen Strength is a YouTube channel offering effective strength training and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts that can be done at home. Her Tabata-style workouts are designed to maximize strength and fitness gains in minimal time. She provides instructional videos, motivation, and meal planning tips to help viewers reach their fitness goals.
HASfit is a YouTube channel that specializes in strength training, full body workouts, and home workouts without equipment. Their workouts range from low impact, beginner-friendly workouts to more challenging strength and weight training exercises. They also have specific workouts designed for seniors. HASfit is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to start their fitness journey at home with minimal equipment.
Pahla B, Weight Loss Coach for Women over 50
Pahla B's YouTube channel is a great resource for women over 50 who are looking to get into strength training, low impact workout, and exercise for menopause. Her videos offer a variety of workouts specifically tailored for women of this age group, providing tips and advice for successfully losing weight during and after menopause, as well as strengthening and toning their bodies. With Pahla's knowledge and expertise, her viewers can become healthier and fitter with their exercises for women over 50.
Alex Leonidas' YouTube channel is the perfect resource for strength training, with programs ranging from beginner to advanced. He offers advice on weighted calisthenics, full body training, and his signature Alpha Destiny and Yoke programs to help users naturally get bigger and stronger. He also offers full body workouts that provide an intense strength training experience. There's something for everybody on Alex Leonidas' channel!
Barbell Logic is a YouTube channel dedicated to strength training and barbell training. They offer helpful videos for those who want to learn how to lift weights safely, covering topics such as the proper form for deadlifts, squats, bench presses, and overhead presses. With their detailed tutorials, you can finally master the basics of barbell training and learn to deadlift correctly.
Nathanael Morton's YouTube channel is a must-see for any athlete looking to sharpen their game. He provides helpful tips and advice on strength training, nutrition, and how to increase your vertical jump - as well as sharing valuable mindset techniques for success. With its focus on fitness, mindset, and nutrition, Nathanael Morton's YouTube channel is sure to help you become a better athlete.
Alexander Bromley's YouTube channel is an invaluable resource for those looking to increase their strength and power through weightlifting, powerlifting, strongman, and bodybuilding. Featuring expert advice, weekly updates, instructional videos, and motivational content, the channel is a must follow for anyone serious about achieving their goals. Alexander Bromley provides a unique insight into the strength and fitness lifestyle, offering actionable insights and tips for every stage of the journey.
Nourishmovelove is a YouTube channel providing free strength training and home workout videos, with a focus on creating workouts specifically for women. Many of their videos feature bodyweight workout routines and there are also prenatal workout videos available. There's something for everyone on their channel, from beginner to advanced!
Eldergym Fitness for Seniors
Eldergym Fitness for Seniors YouTube channel provides helpful videos with strength training and balance exercises specifically designed for seniors. Their content covers a range of topics, including leg strengthening and other senior strength training exercises to help seniors stay healthy and active. It is a great resource for those looking for safe, senior-friendly fitness programs.
Common Errors to Avoid with Strength Training
Strength training is an important part of any healthy exercise regimen and can help to improve physical fitness, coordination, and overall well-being. However, for best results, it’s important to avoid making common mistakes.
- One of the most common errors made is attempting to lift weights that are too heavy. While it is important to push yourself and challenge yourself, trying to lift a weight that’s too heavy can increase the risk of injury. Instead, it’s important to start out at a weight that you can control and gradually add weight as you progress.
- Another common mistake with strength training is improper form. Poor form can decrease the effectiveness of each exercise and can put a strain on your body. It’s important to practice each exercise and to focus on keeping your body in the correct position for maximum efficiency and safety. Therefore, when beginning a strength training plan, it is important to take your time, exercise with proper form, and avoid overdoing it.
Strength training should be an enjoyable experience and not one that causes excessive pain or injury. It’s important to listen to your body, take breaks, and know your limits. It is also crucial to stretch before and after your workout, as this will help improve flexibility, decrease injury risk, and improve range of motion. Following these tips and avoiding common mistakes can help boost your strength training results and keep you safe.
Equipment You Need for Strength Training
Strength training is an exercise that focuses on building muscles and physical strength. To ensure your success, it is important to have the right equipment. If you want to start a strength training program, here are the essential pieces of equipment you need.
- The first piece of equipment you will need is a weight set. Weight sets come with multiple weights of various sizes so you can adjust the amount of weight for your level of fitness. Additionally, you may want to consider purchasing a weight bench with adjustable leg and back pads. This will allow you to keep your form and get the best results from your exercises. Also, having a stability ball is useful for any core exercises.
- Finally, you will need to invest in some accessories for your strength training program. Resistance bands are great for performing a variety of exercises. They come in different strengths and lengths, so you can use the one that best suits you. They are especially useful for training your back muscles and arms. Kettle bells are also a great addition to your arsenal as they provide a unique form of training. They come in various weights so you can work out at your own pace. Plus, they are very versatile and can be used for explosive exercises as well as slow, controlled workouts.
In conclusion, having the right equipment is essential for success with any strength training program. A weight set, weight bench, stability ball, resistance bands and kettle bells are the essential pieces of equipment you need. With the right equipment and an effective program, you will be able to achieve your fitness goals in no time.
Protecting Yourself While Strength Training
Strength training is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but it’s important to practice safe habits to avoid injury.
- One of the most important things you can do to protect yourself while lifting weights is to use proper form. Using the wrong form can lead to severe injuries, so it’s essential to watch videos or get advice from a professional trainer if you’re unsure. Additionally, you should use a spotter if you are lifting heavy weights, especially if it’s your first time doing the exercise. Warming up and stretching before your workout is also incredibly important. Not only will it keep you limber and less prone to injury, but it will also prime your muscles to work harder. For example, foam rolling, light activity, and stretching the muscles you’ll be training will help your muscles fire properly before each exercise and help you get better results.
- Finally, you need to take care of your body after your workout. Letting your muscles cool down and stretching after your workout is essential for recovery, proper muscle growth, and injury prevention. Additionally, drinking water throughout your workout and replenishing electrolytes afterwards is a great way of preventing dehydration.
In summary, it’s essential to pay attention to your body when you’re strength training and use proper form, take your time warming up and cooling down, and drink plenty of water to stay safe and healthy.