Are you looking for some of the best YouTube channels to learn more about Sikhism, its history and the news related to it? Look no further! In this article, we'll be introducing you to Sikhimtv, one of the top YouTube channels that covers topics related to Sikhism, Islam, World, Education and Religion. With its wide range of content, you'll be sure to find something to quench your thirst for knowledge! Read on to find out more about this incredible channel and why you should start subscribing to it now!
Basics of Sikhi
Basics of Sikhi is an educational YouTube channel that provides informative and engaging content about the Sikh religion. It covers the basics of Sikhism, as well as more advanced topics, and provides an insight into the core values and practices of Sikhi. The channel is a valuable resource for anyone looking to learn more about this wonderful faith.
Harbir Singh's YouTube channel is dedicated to providing informative and helpful educational resources on Sikhism, fitness, weight loss and the treatment of back, neck, shoulder and knee pain, plus intermittent fasting and more. He also has vlogs and videos about fat burning exercises and how to help a dislocated coccyx.
SikhNet is a YouTube channel that provides video content about Sikhism and related topics in order to spread Sikh teachings and values. It features compilations of Gurbani, recitations, singing, and lectures on Sikh philosophy and history. It is a great resource for Sikhs looking to learn more about their religion, as well as for people interested in learning about Sikhism and Sikhs.
Nanak Naam is a YouTube channel focused on providing spiritual content on Sikhism, the teachings of Guru Nanak, and spiritual awakening. Through videos focused on meditation and mindfulness, the channel guides viewers in connecting with divine sources of energy and wisdom from Guru Granth Sahib and Ik Ongkar, as well as learning more from nanaknaam.org. The channel provides a platform for Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike to learn more about the Sikh spiritual tradition.
Nedrick News Punjab
Nedrick News Punjab is a YouTube channel dedicated to Sikh culture, beliefs, and practices. They provide informative videos about sikhism, nedrick punjab, punjabi rituals, facts about punjab, sikh community, history of sikhs and its teachings. Viewers can expect to learn about important sikh gurus such as Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Govind Singh, as well as thoughts and facts related to their life and teachings. This channel will allow viewers to expand their knowledge on the sikh religion and community.
Tinder TV Official
Tinder TV Official is a YouTube channel devoted to providing news about the Sikh community in Canada. Its content covers topics such as Sikhism, Sikh news, Sikh women, turban respect mamla, Canada Sikh news, Sikh control chandi devi, Guru Gobind control chandi, Guru Granth Sahib ji news, Guru Granth Sahib beadbi, and Sikh news. The channel aims to raise awareness and celebrate the Sikh community through its content.
Becket is a YouTube channel dedicated to providing content related to Sikhism and religious liberty. It features inspiring stories, relevant resources, and informed discussion on important cultural and spiritual topics. It also encourages greater understanding of traditional teachings and beliefs. The channel is a great source of knowledge and inspiration for anyone interested in Sikhism and religious liberty.
ReligionForBreakfast is a YouTube channel hosted by Andrew Henry that focuses on religious studies and religious literacy. It covers topics such as Sikhism, early Christianity, the New Testament, Old Testament, Hebrew Bible, and Hinduism. Through its videos, it seeks to equip viewers with critical thinking tools to understand the complexities of religion.
Tamanjeet Singh's YouTube channel creates content related to Sikhism and Nihang Singh culture. His videos feature informative and in-depth looks into Sikh and Nihang Singh beliefs, as well as detailed discussions of the Nihang Singh power, status, and lifestyle. He also showcases Nihang video recordings of the various religious ceremonies, events, and rituals. His channel is a great source for those wanting to learn more about Sikhism and the Nihang Singh culture.
Punjab Siyan is a YouTube channel dedicated to Sikhism, Sikh history, and Punjab history. The channel contains videos related to Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and other Sikh itihas and itihas punjabi. The channel provides an avenue to explore Sikhism and learn the Sikh history through its informative videos.
Exploring the Beliefs and Practices of Sikhism
Are you interested in learning more about Sikhism? Exploring the beliefs and practices of the faith is a great way to get a better understanding of the religion. Sikhism is a faith based in the teachings of the ten Sikh gurus, the most recent being Guru Gobind Singh. It is a part of the Indian subcontinent, and is one of the world’s newest major religions.
- The basic spiritual teachings of Sikhism are determined by the teachings of the divine Guru Granth Sahib, and focus on leading a righteous life based on meditation, and following the path of truth and justice. They believe in the concept of one God, and hold high the values of honesty, integrity, and service to others. Sikhs practice the idea of self-reliance, which includes wearing uncut hair, or a turban, for men, in order to be independent and maintain self-respect.
- Sikhism also emphasizes doing good deeds as a measure of success, and community service to help the needy and downtrodden. Sikhs are also widely known for their acts of compassion and benevolence such as providing meals to the poor and distributing food to those in need. Performing religious ceremonies, known as Gurdwara, is also very important and usually includes the reading of passages from the Guru Granth Sahib. They also celebrate several festivals, which are held in religious places of worship.
By understanding the beliefs and practices of the Sikh faith, one can come to appreciate the underlying message of respect and equality for all.
Essential Rites and Rituals of Sikhism
Sikhism is one of the world’s oldest religions, with its followers believing in the principles of one creator and the equality of all living things. As with most major religions, Sikhism also has a wide variety of essential rites and rituals. These rituals and rites are deeply rooted in Sikh culture and serve as an interesting introduction into the religion and serve as a reminder to follow various teachings.
- The most essential and recognisable Sikhism ritual is getting initiated into the religion through baptism. Baptism in Sikhism is known as Amrit Sanchar, and involves the consumption of a water mixed with a certain herbal brew. This ritual is taken to signify a joining of the initiates to the Sikhism community and taking a commitment to living according to Sikh teaching and values.
- Another important Sikhism ritual is to pay homage to the Guru Granth Sahib, which is the sacred scripture of Sikhism. Paying respect to the scripture is done by bringing it to centre and famously it is carried and respected in a procession known as Nagar Kirtan. Followers of Sikhism look to the scripture for guidance and take visiting holy shrines as part of the ritual as another form of paying due respect to the scripture.
These essential rites and rituals are the foundation of Sikhism and by being knowledgeable of them, followers can gain an even further appreciation of the religion. These rites and rituals are also a great way to learn about Sikhism for non-followers.
The Role of Women in Sikhism
The Sikh faith places a high emphasis on gender equality. Women have had a huge part in the success of the Sikhism. Sikh Dharma International states that women are viewed as equal partners in the social, political and spiritual development of Sikhism. These contributions can be seen in the Sikh scripture and how women access the teachings of the Sikh faith.
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism was an ardent promoter of the empowerment of women in society. He stressed the importance of education and the need for women to secure their rights in society. He declared that there should not be any difference between men and women when it came to educational opportunities. He was against the practice of Sati in India. He saw the need for women to be allowed to express themselves and participate in the political and religious matters of society. This was a revolutionary concept in a world during that time which had deeply entrenched patriarchal structures.
- Sikh scripture places high regards for the role played by women in the society. Sikhism provides a framework that encourages women to actively challenge and construct their roles in society. Women have the right to participate in religious ceremonies and are seen as part of the community. Sikhism places a high value on service as a form of meditation and prophetic teaching. Sikh scripture encourages women to take up service as a way to contribute to society and awaken spiritually.
Women have been instrumental in leading various social reform movements and doing humanitarian work in the name of Sikhism. This highlights the role Sikhism has granted in women to actively participate in the betterment of society.