Are you looking for the best YouTube channels to help you learn the craft of writing? Whether you're looking to study creative writing, literary analysis, English, poetry, or even university-level science, there is something for everyone. If you're an aspiring author or an experienced writer looking for more unique and inspiring sources of knowledge, check out these amazing YouTube channels for your creative writing and education needs! Learn from the experts as you explore the depths of literature, poetry, and scientific writing. Read on to find the best YouTube channels for you.
ShaelinWrites is a YouTube channel dedicated to creative writing. It features writing vlogs, as well as advice and tips on becoming a better writer, author, and novelist. It's a great resource for aspiring writers and has been referred to as 'write tube' due to its novel approach to writing. ShaelinWrites is the perfect place to get advice from a successful, experienced writer on how to craft your own best work.
The Young Writers YouTube channel is an inspiring and creative space for young writers to come together and share their work. It hosts writing competitions, provides free lessons on creative writing and English learning, and also offers poetic challenges and various writing activities. It's a great platform for young writers to find their own storytelling voice.
Scottish Book Trust
The Scottish Book Trust YouTube channel is an educational resource for English language learners, teachers, and writing enthusiasts. They offer creative writing workshops and provide helpful tips for budding authors, as well as a variety of videos about books, writers, and screenwriting. It's an invaluable resource for those interested in enhancing their understanding of the written word.
Wina Puangco's YouTube channel is a great resource for creative writers, indie publishers, and book lovers. She covers topics such as creative writing, independent publishing, book discussions, reading wrap-ups, and book reviews. With her friendly and engaging personality, Wina is an excellent Pinoy Booktuber that will motivate anyone to explore the world of creative writing and independent publishing.
How to Find a Creative Writing Style That Suits You
Finding a creative writing style that suits you can be incredibly difficult. Everyone wants to feel like their own words shine through and make an impact on readers. But how can you determine what type of writing style aligns best with your voice? Below are three tips for finding your creative writing style.
- Start by knowing the different types of creative writing styles. This includes everything from poetry, fiction, journalism, and blog post writing. From there, read examples of how different creative writers approach each style. This gives you a feel for how each type of writing is structured and which one resonates most strongly with you. Taking it a step further, try writing a few pieces of each type of writing and then observe how you feel when molding your words and ideas into each style.
- Another great way to find a creative writing style that speaks to you is to learn more about the work of successful authors and study their writing techniques. See how they crafted their stories and shaped their words. Take inspiration from their work but also find what elements you disagree with and why. Understanding writing techniques that work and those that don’t can help you hone in on styles that best reflect your voice.
- Lastly, don’t be afraid to go outside the box when it comes to crafting your own creative writing style. Many writers find success experimenting with a combination of genres or creating their own style that captures and expresses their unique voice. How freeing would it be to break from traditional writing rules and write in a way that resonates most with you?
Finding a creative writing style that really speaks to you can be an empowering experience. When you devote yourself to some self-exploration, you can find a style that allows you to brilliantly communicate your message to readers in a way that is true to your voice.
3 Creative Writing Exercises to Get Your Creativity Flowing
If you’re stuck in a writing slump, trying out some new creative writing exercises can help you get your creative juices flowing. Whether you gravitate toward fiction, non-fiction, or poetry, there’s sure to be a creative writing exercise to inspire your writing. Here are 3 creative writing exercises to get your creativity flowing!
- First, try to create a write-off. This exercise involves taking existing pieces of writing and turning them into something new, such as a poem, a short story, or a prose piece. Take a page from a book, an article, or other piece of writing, and put your spin on it. This exercise is a great way to practice exploring a new form, as well as developing techniques for adapting content.
- Another useful exercise is the “random word” writing prompt. Take a collection of random words and write a piece using those words in any way you like. This exercise allows you to work with unusual words in interesting ways, and encourages you to think outside of the box. Add in some of your own ideas and see what you can create!
- Finally, try writing in a genre that you’re unfamiliar with. Take a topic you’re interested in and write it as if it were a fairy tale, a horror story, or another genre completely unrelated to your topic. This exercise encourages you to expand your writing styles, and introduces you to new methods of writing.
Whether you’re a veteran writer or just starting out, there’s sure to be an exercise to get your creative writing flowing. With these ideas, and your own creative firepower, surely the words will start flowing. Get out there and find your creative voice!
How to Awaken Your Creative Writing Voice
Creativity - an unmistakable trait of writers. To awaken your creative writing voice, you need to tap into the creative potential that already lies within you. Creativity is something everyone is born with and the key to unleashing it lies in your willingness to explore and experiment.
- In this modern digital age, writers are spoiled for choice with the tools available to them. It is important to do your research and find the resources that will help you hone your writing style and reach your creative potential. There are online courses, podcasts, and books that can help you identify your individual strengths and use them to create vivid writing that truly resonates with your readers.
- In terms of practical methods, mindfulness can be incredibly helpful with cultivating a creative writing voice. Spending time in the present moment without judgement allows your mind to explore new ideas, draft words, and create gripping narrative arcs. It's often said that the best ideas spark at the most unexpected moments. Fostering a meditation practice can be the spark that ignites your creative writing voice. Give it a try and unlock the limitless potential of your writing!
- What’s more, it's also a good idea to get creative inspiration from your everyday environment. Going for a walk and taking note of the sights and sounds will help to kickstart your imagination, giving you the impetus to write something new and exciting. Similarly, listening to music might conjure up new and innovative ideas for your stories. Last but not least, brainstorming with other writers can help to spark conversations and innovative ideas that you would never have thought of on your own. Get out there and you’ll soon find out what works best for you!
It's important to remember that creativity is a skill that has to be nurtured and practiced. To awake your creative writing voice, you need to be open and willing to try out different ideas and explore your own unique style. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, hold yourself accountable, and even push the boundaries of ‘what’s possible’. Allow your creativity to flow and you will find yourself immersed in inspired writing that brings your stories and ideas to life.