Welcome! Are you an aspiring watercolor painter, looking to find the best YouTube channels to learn from? Look no further! In this article, we've compiled a list of the best YouTube channels that specialize in watercolor painting, and offer tutorials and advice on how to paint and draw. Using this list, you'll be able to find the best resources for improving your skills and exploring the world of watercolor art. Let's dive in and find the best YouTube channels for watercolor painting and more today!
Watercolor By Javid Tabatabaei
Watercolor By Javid Tabatabaei is a YouTube channel hosted by the artist Javid Tabatabaei, who provides viewers with lessons and tutorials on how to paint with watercolors. His channel features watercolor painting lessons on landscape, sunset, and other topics, with step-by-step guidance for beginners and experienced artists alike. Follow him for inspiring tutorials and insights into the world of watercolors.
Watercolor by Shibasaki
Matthew White - Watercolor Instruction
Matthew White - Watercolor Instruction is a YouTube channel dedicated to the art of watercolor painting. Here, viewers can learn the basics of watercolor and how to use layers, paints and techniques to create unique and visually arresting watercolour masterpieces. From atmospheric landscapes to intimate still-life studies, the channel references the greats like Zbukvic and Evansen as a source of inspiration and direction. Paint along as Matthew takes us through each of his insightful tutorials, and enjoy learning a new way to express your inner artist. Let your imagination roam and explore a whole new world of watercolour painting!
Paint with DAVID
Paint with DAVID YouTube channel is an excellent resource for anyone interested in learning watercolor painting techniques such as landscape painting and watercolor tutorials. Through easy-to-follow tutorials and beautiful painting examples, viewers can be inspired to create stunning scenery watercolor themselves, even if they are beginners. Come explore the wonderful world of watercolor painting with DAVID!
Liron Yanconsky's YouTube channel provides viewers with detailed tips and tutorials on watercolor painting techniques, as well as how to draw, sketch, and paint. She offers easy to follow watercolor advice that range from getting started to creating more advanced paintings. Her videos are a great resource for anyone interested in creating watercolor masterpieces.
Diane Antone Studio
Diane Antone Studio is a YouTube channel devoted to sharing tutorials on watercolor painting with viewers of all levels. Offering a wide range of watercolor tutorials, including painting tutorials for beginners, intermediate, and experienced watercolorists, Diane Antone provides instruction on everything from learning how to paint with watercolors, to applying loose watercolor techniques. Whether you're just getting started with watercolors or looking to refine your watercolour painting style, Diane Antone Studio will give you the skills and inspiration you need to create beautiful artwork.
AhmadArt is a YouTube channel dedicated to inspiring beginners in the art of painting. They specialize in offering easy and simple acrylic and watercolor painting tutorials that are perfect for those just starting out. With tutorials on beginner acrylic painting, beginner watercolor painting, and more, viewers can find helpful guides that make getting into painting a breeze.
Rahul's Art YouTube channel is a treasure trove of tutorial videos, featuring expert techniques and instruction for a range of art forms from quick, straightforward drawing tutorials for kids to hyper realistic pencil drawing and portrait painting. Other topics include watercolor painting and spectacular nature scenery painting in watercolors, as well as outdoor painting in watercolors. It's the perfect destination for art lovers of all ages!
EMILY OLSON ART
Emily Olson Art is a YouTube art channel featuring watercolor painting tutorials and art lessons, with a focus on depicting realistic animals. Emily Olson showcases her own work and techniques and provides viewers with paint tutorials and how-tos for creating realistic watercolor animals. This channel is great for any aspiring artist looking to improve their watercolor painting skills.
Makoccino's YouTube channel offers a wide range of videos on watercolor painting, including tutorials for watercolors for beginners, how to paint, art videos, art tutorials, and hot to draw. With easy to follow content and helpful tips, anyone can become an expert with the help of Makoccino's creative and informative watercolor painting videos.
Draw with Shiba
Draw with Shiba is a YouTube channel about watercolor painting. Viewers can follow along with step-by-step tutorials to create their own artwork in this fun, relaxing, and therapeutic hobby. Each lesson is paired with a lifestyle spin, providing viewers with relaxing vibes and visual delight. Enjoy learning, creating, and exploring this enjoyable past time with Draw with Shiba!
In the Studio with Michele Webber
In the Studio with Michele Webber is a YouTube channel providing free online art classes focused on watercolor painting. It contains helpful tutorials, tips, and instructions on basic watercolor techniques, how to sketch for beginners, learn to paint watercolors, and learn to draw. It is an excellent resource for those wanting to learn watercolors online and get started in watercolor painting for beginners without any prior art experience.
Common Mistakes While Watercolor Painting
Watercolor painting is an ancient and popular art form, but with it come many potential mistakes. Understanding the most common mistakes can enable a beginning artist to avoid them and create the right painting.
- One of the most common mistakes made while painting with watercolors is not having the proper paint consistency. If the paint is too thick, the colors will be muddled and the results will have poor brightness. If too thin, the paint may not have enough pigment and it may be difficult to spread the color on the paper. Finding the right consistency can take some practice, and is essential to getting great results.
- Another mistake is using the wrong brush size, which can create jagged edges, reduce the flexibility of the paint, and result in unwanted painting effects. Be sure when you shop for brushes to buy those that are specifically for watercolor painting, as other types of brush may not work as well. Furthermore, be sure to use a large enough brush for the work you’re hoping to do.
- It is also unwise to paint on a surface that is not absorbent enough for watercolors. If the paper or other painting surface has too much texture, too much pigment will be absorbed, causing the colors to be muddled and making the finished painting look dull. Make sure to begin with a quality paper or canvas that is designed for watercolors.
Overall, mistakes while watercolor painting can be easy to make, but they can also be avoided by understanding the right characteristics of successful painting. Practice makes perfect, and soon you can become a master of this classic art form.
How to Select Quality Watercolor Supplies
The importance of selecting quality materials cannot be overstated when it comes to watercolor painting. Quality supplies will ensure that your pigments and paper are of a high enough caliber to withstand the rigors of painting with watercolors and to achieve the beautiful results you desire. If you are just starting out in watercolor painting and overwhelmed with all the choices of supplies available, it is important to understand the basics of choosing the best supplies for your needs.
- The first step in selecting quality watercolor supplies is to choose the pigments that you will use. Look for pigments that are lightfast, meaning they will not fade when exposed to light. Also, select pigments that are considered archival quality so that the colors will remain vibrant for generations to come. Additionally, pay attention to the grain and texture of the pigment; this will affect the overall look and texture of your paintings.
- Another important factor to consider when selecting watercolor supplies is the quality of your paper. The right paper will allow you to manipulate the washes and blend colors easily, while also providing the right amount of absorbency. Choose a paper that is pH neutral, meaning it will not discolor the pigments. Also, look for a paper that is acid free so that it will remain in good condition and last over time.
Choosing quality watercolor supplies is one of the most important decisions you will make when painting with watercolors. Taking the time to shop around and do your research will go a long way in creating beautiful and lasting works of art. With a bit of knowledge and practice, you will be on your way to mastering the art of watercolor painting.
Materials Needed for Watercolor Painting
Watercolor painting is a type of painting that produces beautiful, vibrant artwork. But in order to create a masterpiece, you'll need certain supplies. The materials needed for watercolor painting are fairly simple and can be found in most art supply stores. Here’s an overview of what you'll need to complete your next artwork.
- First and foremost, you’ll need good quality watercolor paints. There are many types and brands available such as watercolor tubes, blocks, or pans. Whatever type you choose, look for highly pigmented ones with good reviews. In addition, get a set of small and large synthetic brushes that are better suited for watercolor painting more than natural ones. They have a better ability to retain their shape and you can also use them for washes.
- Finally, you’ll need paper that is specifically made for watercolor painting. Choose hot press for a smooth finish, cold press for a textured finish, or rough for a very textured finish. It could also be helpful to get at least one palette to mix colors. This can be a simple, plastic dish or cup that is divided into sections. Additionally, make sure you’re always ready with a couple of jars filled with clean water as watercolors are water-soluble.
With the right materials, you’re all set to start your watercolor painting journey. Go ahead and make beautiful pieces of artwork o show off to your friends and family. Have fun!