There are many great YouTube channels dedicated to documenting trips to North Korea. These channels offer a great way to learn about this fascinating country and its people. channels provide an inside look at what it is like to travel to North Korea, and they also offer a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest news and developments from this part of the world. If you are interested in learning more about North Korea, or if you are planning a trip to this country, be sure to check out some of these great YouTube channels.
DPRK Explained is a YouTube channel hosted by Ben Weston, the founder of the travel company Koryo Tours. Through the channel viewers can experience North Korea with fascinating videos such as air travel with Air Koryo, a tour inside the Pyongyang Metro, and a visit to Kaesong City. Explore this unique destination with DPRK Explained and get an in depth look into the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Jaka Parker is a YouTuber who travels to North Korea and vlogs about his experiences there. He is one of the only YouTubers to have been granted permission to film inside North Korea, and his videos offer a rare and unique look at life inside the country. His channel also includes vlogs about his travels to other parts of Korea, including South Korea.
Drew Binsky's YouTube channel is a great showcase of his worldwide travels and experiences. From his North Korea travel diaries to his budget travel tips and daily travel videos, viewers can expect to find an exciting adventure with authentic local food, customs and street food. Follow his travels through his detailed vlogs from various destinations such as the Philippines!
Zoe Discovers is a YouTube channel that offers exclusive adventure-filled tours to North Korea through Koryo Tours. From Pyongyang to Seoul and Busan to Tonga, Zoe will take viewers on a journey to explore the culture and answer all their questions about North Korea in a FAQ series. Discover intriguing facts about North Korea and Tongan culture here on Zoe Discovers.
TheLifeOfJord YouTube channel is a travel vlog that follows Jord's journey as he travels continuously around the world, from North Korea to Indonesia and beyond. His vlogs focus on his experience discovering new cultures, as well as tips and advice for making passive income on the road. Tune in to get inspired for your own travels!
Travelling Mantra is a YouTube channel owned by Indian traveler Manoj Malhotra. The channel features travel series in Hindi and vlogs that document Manoj's adventures in North Korea and beyond. Through his channel, Manoj has become one of India's most notable vloggers, providing a valuable travel channel for Hindi-speakers.
Tourist attractions in North Korea
The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, commonly known as North Korea, is a fascinating country that boasts a number of breathtaking tourist attractions. Few people get the chance to visit this hermit kingdom, and those who do tend to find a wealth of cultural experiences that they won’t find anywhere else. Some of the must-see tourist attractions in North Korea include the world-famous Kumsusan Memorial Palace, a monument to the country’s late leader Kim Il-sung, and Mansudae Grand Monument, a tribute to the late Kim Jong-il and the ultimate symbol of the country’s culture and history.
The Kumsusan Memorial Palace is an impressive structure, located in Pyongyang and dedicated to the former leader. The building features a monumental entrance hall, secret passages, and breathtaking ceremonial halls and rooms. Along with the photos of the former leader, the palace also includes ancient artifacts, souvenirs and valuables, which give the visitors a glimpse into North Korea’s history. Another must-see spot in North Korea for visitors is the beautiful Mount Myohyang, located in the northern part of the country. This mountain is known for its lush forests, caves, waterfalls and wildlife. It also has some of the best hiking trails in the country.
Finally, Pyongyang’s Tower of the Juche Idea should be on any visitor’s itinerary. This iconic tower stands at 170 meters tall and is a tribute to the country’s ideology of self-reliance. It is surrounded by sculptures and buildings that are reminiscent of traditional Korean architecture, making it the perfect spot for photography. In addition, the tower offers fantastic views of the city’s skyline and the Taedong River. These are just a few of the breathtaking attractions that North Korea has to offer visitors. While travel to North Korea is restricted, those who are fortunate enough to visit can look forward to some truly unique tourist experiences.
Tips for Staying Safe While Travelling in North Korea
It’s no secret that travelling to North Korea carries its own set of safety concerns. If you’re planning a trip to this enigmatic country, be sure to take the necessary precautions to keep yourself safe. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while travelling in North Korea:
- First, always follow the laws and regulations of North Korea’s government. Be aware of the country’s strict laws and don’t openly criticize the government or its leaders. Be mindful of your behavior and be aware that the government closely monitors tourists’ activities.
- Second, pay close attention to where you’re going and who you’re interacting with. North Korea is a very different country with its own customs and norms. It’s best to always stick with an experienced tour guide to help guide your way around the country’s social environment. Additionally, avoid taking photos of military installations or other sensitive locations, as this is strictly prohibited.
- Finally, be sure to plan thoroughly. It’s important to familiarize yourself with the local geography and be aware of potential hazardous locations. Research communal customs and norms to minimize the potential of offending locals. Additionally, plan your route in advance and make sure to carry enough food, water and other supplies to get you safely through your journey. By taking the necessary precautions, you’ll be sure to have a safe and pleasant experience while travelling in North Korea.
Food and Accommodation in North Korea
North Korea is one of the most secretive countries on earth. Despite its isolation, there are still places where visitors can find food and accommodation in North Korea. Although not as varied as elsewhere in the world, there are still a few options available.
- Food in North Korea is mostly of Korean variety. Common ingredients include rice, vegetables, meat, fish, and noodles. Spicy dishes are abundant, often spiced up with garlic and chili. International food, such as pizza and sushi is available in some of the cities. Tourists can also find bars and restaurants in some of the bigger cities including Pyongyang.
- Accommodation in North Korea is often arranged by the tour company, but it is possible to stay in guesthouses and homes. Hotels are available as well, but are typically in the more popular tourist spots. All accommodation options will have shared bathrooms and limited electricity, making it an interesting experience. Many of these places also have a unique local character that isn’t found elsewhere.
Overall, while travel to North Korea isn’t easy and won’t provide the same choices as other countries, there are enough food and accommodation options available for visitors to make their stay comfortable and memorable.