Are you looking to embark on a journey of self-sufficient living, or maybe just dreaming of a life of sustainable farming? If you're passionate about hobby farming, and homesteading, and looking to live the ideal farm life, then you've come to the right place! In this post, we'll be discussing some of the best YouTube channels to help you find resources, tips, and tricks to understand everything from chicken farming to real estate. Keep reading to find out more!
Hobby Farm Guys
Hobby Farm Guys is a popular YouTube channel for anyone interested in learning about hobby farming. They cover a variety of topics, from raising chickens, to breeding pigs, turkeys, ducks, and goats. They also show viewers how to set up and maintain their own gardens and hobby farms. They provide tutorials and demonstrations, making it easy for anyone to learn about hobby farming.
The Hobby Farm Homestead
The Hobby Farm Homestead YouTube channel is a hub for people interested in DIY homesteading and hobby farming. They offer extensive tips on setting up a mini farm, building horse stalls, and how to tackle daily farm chores. In addition, their videos provide insight into raising a family on a hobby farm or small farm. Perfect for those looking to embrace the homesteading lifestyle.
Hobby Farm Animals🐾
Ohio Hill Tops Hobby Farm
Ohio Hill Tops Hobby Farm YouTube channel is a great source for lifestyle and hobby enthusiasts. They provide insight into owning and running a hobby farm and document the day-to-day tasks and experiences that come with the lifestyle. From raising animals to growing crops, the Ohio Hill Tops Hobby Farm channel is a great way to learn and be inspired.
Roots and Refuge Farm
Roots and Refuge Farm is a YouTube channel providing modern homesteading advice, garden inspiration, and tips for running a successful hobby farm. With helpful tutorials and straightforward advice, viewers can learn about gardening, animal care, and other essential tips for running a homestead. Follow their journey on the Roots and Refuge Farm channel for all your gardening needs!
Dutch Hollow Acres
Dutch Hollow Acres YouTube channel is packed with interesting and educational videos about life on a hobby farm. By following along, viewers can learn about raising myotonic goats and fainting goats, horse training and horse breeding, training minis to drive, profiting from a farm, and making money from farming. Whether you want to learn something new or just escape for a few minutes, tune in to Dutch Hollow Acres for a farm-filled day!
The Growing Contentments YouTube channel offers advice and tips on how to successfully set up a hobby farm, garden, or even a small urban homestead. The channel demonstrates how to grow food in the city and discusses topics related to farming and agriculture, such as urban gardening and city growing. With helpful advice and tips from WasatchFrontResidential.com, the Growing Contentments channel is the perfect resource for beginner to expert gardeners alike.
The Neu Adventure
Hamiltonville Farm is a YouTube channel focusing on a hobby farm owned by a veteran farmer. The channel shows how to use small and heavy equipment, homestead implements, and a compact tractor. The videos demonstrate how the farmer attempts to answer the questions: will it start, will it run, and will it crank? The channel offers a unique insight into the day-to-day activities of keeping up a small farm.
100 Acre Wood Highlands
The 100 Acre Wood Highlands YouTube channel is a farm blog featuring the hobby farming lifestyle of a homestead family. Follow along with the family as they raise Scottish Highland cattle and take care of their hobby farm. Get an inside look at farm life, plus tips and tricks for homesteading with Highland cows.
Juliet Mike's YouTube channel is dedicated to life on a hobby farm. It offers informative and entertaining content about the lifestyle of hobby farm life and showcases the everyday tasks of managing and living on the land. From gardening to building projects, and even home-cooked meals, Juliet Mike provides an entertaining, up-close look into this unique way of life.
Lazy Sundays Farm
The Lazy Sundays Farm YouTube channel follows a family living their rural lifestyle on a hobby farm, where they raise animals and engage in various outdoor pursuits. Viewers can follow along as they care for their pet donkeys and chickens, design and build projects, and learn homesteading skills. A perfect channel to kick back and relax while enjoying the beauty of a simple life on the farm.
American Man Filipino Wife
The American Man Filipino Wife YouTube channel documents the everyday life on a hobby farm in the Philippines. The videos feature an American man and his Filipino wife who share their unique lifestyle with viewers from around the world. Expect to see posts about farming, cooking, and life in the Philippines.
Ashley on the Farm
Ashley on the Farm YouTube channel is all about a passionate hobby farmer and homesteader who showcases her adventures restoring a farm and caring for her livestock as well as cooking delicious meals with the freshest ingredients from her garden. She is an expert in creating a self-sufficient lifestyle and loves to share her knowledge and tips with the viewers.
Bluff Country Properties Real Estate
Bluff Country Properties Real Estate is a YouTube channel dedicated to helping its viewers find their dream hobby farm or hunting property. They specialize in selling real estate with a focus on rural properties, hunting land, and hobby farms. With their informative and entertaining videos, they provide an easy way to discover the perfect piece of land for your desired purpose.
JMC Family Farm
JMC Family Farm is a YouTube channel that showcases family life on a hobby farm in rural living. They share their experiences with backyard chickens and how to start a backyard chicken coop. Viewers can learn from their journey how to start a hobby farm and cooking and baking from scratch. They share their knowledge on how to keep backyard chickens for beginners. Follow along and get inspired as they share their day to day experiences of farm life.
Bruadarach Farm is a YouTube channel that documents the lifestyle of a hobby farm. It provides viewers with an inside look at the challenges and adventures faced by a family living a sustainable homesteading life. From raising animals, growing crops and veggies, to crafting and building projects, Bruadarach Farm offers a unique window into this alternative lifestyle.
Common Animals Kept on Hobby Farms
Hobby farms are a delightful way of enjoying the country life, with plenty of benefits for their owners. A hobby farm brings the outdoors to life by providing a space for the keeping of a varied selection of animals. From cows to chickens, hobby farms offer the fun of tending to a variety of common animals.
- A hobby farm is an ideal environment to keep cows. Cows provide milk and fertilizer for garden beds, and are also inexpensive and easy to maintain.
- Sheep are another popular choice for the small-scale farmer, and the opportunity to care for lambs can be especially delightful.
- Chickens are also commonly kept on hobby farms, providing eggs and chickens which can be used for meat and sold in local markets.
- Rabbits are an enjoyable addition as well, beloved for their playful behavior.
- Goats are also a popular option for hobby farmers and can provide milk to drink or to make cheese or soap.
- Pigs provide fertilizer, great bacon and are often very friendly towards their owners.
- Keeping ducks or geese on a hobby farm is also feasible and they can provide down, feathers and great tasting eggs or meat.
With a bit of care and dedication, hobby farmers can get a good deal of enjoyment and benefit from the animals they raise. Taking the time to care for animals can be a very rewarding experience.
Home Appliances Necessary for Hobby Farms
For hobby farms, many pieces of home appliances are necessary to keep the operations running smoothly. Whether it is to store feed and grain, irrigate crops, or generate energy, home appliances play a huge role in hobby farms.
- The type of appliance needed depends on the type of operation being carried out on the farm. A large chest freezer can be used for storing feed and grains, as well as for preserving certain items.
- Another item, a pressure washer, is necessary for cleaning out storage areas, barns, and stables.
- Irrigation systems and solar panels can be installed to help control farming operations.
- Appliances such as tractors and trenchers are also necessary to provide basic plowing and tilling features.
- Finally, no hobby farm would be complete without important appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, and air-conditioning units.
These appliances are necessary for keeping food and beverages fresh, as well as necessary for providing proper ventilation and air-conditioning during the summer months. In addition, these appliances are necessary for keeping animals cool in the hot summer months. With the right appliances, hobby farms can keep operations running efficiently, produce high-quality produce, and provide a comfortable living environment.
Find the Perfect Spot to Set Up Your Hobby Farm
A hobby farm is the perfect way to have a little piece of rural heaven. Whether you’re looking to grow some produce, raise some animals, or just relax in natural surroundings, a hobby farm is a great way to enjoy the benefits of rural living. The key to finding the perfect spot to set up your hobby farm is a combination of research, patience and gut instinct.
- Start off by researching the area you’re interested in. Look at the type of climate, access to services and the local economy. When you’ve narrowed it down to a few spots, visit each one to get a feel for the area. Talk to the locals and map out the distances between stores and services. Being within a reasonable to distance to resources is important for hobby farm success.
- Finally, when you’ve done your research and have an idea of what kind of land you’re looking for, take your time. Speak to local farmers, visit the land for sale, and contact the local regulatory boards. Knowing the zoning requirements, building permits and the local climate is essential for starting a successful hobby farm. You may want to even consider talking with a realtor or a land specialist to make sure you understand all your options.
Taking the time to do your research will help ensure you find the perfect spot to set up your hobby farm.